Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:34:32 GMT
From:      ganthore <ganthore@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amd64/183422: notification-daemon 0.7.2 asserts on any notification

>Number:         183422
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       notification-daemon 0.7.2 asserts on any notification
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I run the notification-daemon in a startup script from fluxbox like this:

# Notificaion daemon
/usr/local/libexec/notification-daemon &

The daemon runs cleanly but will immediatly assert the moment that anything triggers a notification. (IE: irssi, hexchat, etc).

The resulting error is:

Assertion failed: (! _cairo_surface_has_mime_data (surface)), function cairo_surface_mark_dirty_rectangle, file cairo-surface.c, line 1174.
Abort

I am not using any crazy experimental make.conf options and I am using the latest ports collection as of today.

Affected port version is notification-daemon 0.7.2.

make.conf is as follows:
CPUTYPE?=core2
CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
COPTFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=YES
BUILD_OPTIMIZED=YES
WITH_CPUFLAGS=YES
WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=YES
WITH_KMS=YES
WITH_NEW_XORG=YES
WITH_SIMD=YES
WITH_OPENMP=YES
WITH_THREADS=YES
WITH_PKGNG=YES
>How-To-Repeat:
1) Update ports
portsnap fetch update

2) Install latest port of the notification daemon
cd /usr/ports/deskutils/notification-daemon
make install

3) Run notification daemon from the command line in a desktop like lxde or fluxbox:
/usr/local/libexec/notification-daemon

4) Do something to trigger a notification. I just query people on hexchat or irssi (with a valid notification perl plugin) and wait for them to respond.

The moment that a notification triggers. You will see it popup for a split second in the upper right portion of the screen and the console will report the assert mentioned in the description of this bug ticket.
>Fix:
None.