Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2010 15:27:10 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_Th=F8rn_Bakken?= <cbakken@roros.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM server SAS controller support?

I understand that you, Ivan, managed to install FreeBSD on an IBM Series =
x 3650 M3 server with the LSI M1015 SAS/SATA RAID controller.

=20
Ivan, did you tweak something to install, or did it work "out of the =
box" for you?
Which FreeBSD version did you install?

My main objective is to install the appliance distro SpanTitan 5.04 from =
www.spamtitan.com. It's based on FreeBSD 7.3  and the manufacturer =
confirms that the mfi(4) driver is compiled into the kernel.

I've also tried with another (vanilla) version of FreeBSD (8.1), but =
with no luck. It just says there's no disk drives found.

Regards
Christian T. Bakken=