Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:38:09 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Selectively disabling acpi sub-systems

On Monday 10 July 2006 08:38, Fabian Keil wrote:
> As described in:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-June/026554.html
> I'm currently experiencing strange hangs or crashes with a FreeBSD
> RELENG_6 system running Tor.

> Could someone please tell me how to stop acpi0 from
> grabbing sio0, without affecting fxp0?

You most likely can't.  You can't disable ACPI from managing devices
and then expect it to manage PCI interrupts.

As far as your actual panic.  I've looked at the PR's, etc. and there
are few if any details.  For example, what is a "hard crash?"  Does the
machine turn off?  Is it locked up such that it won't respond to pings?
In general, even if it's deadlocked you can break into DDB via a serial
console (trust me, I've seen this far too many times at my day job in
the past few weeks).

--
John Baldwin