Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:23:20 +1100
From:      "Joe Shevland" <J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        "jonathan michaels" <jon@caamora.com.au>, <freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: conversion from asksam

I'd look into MySQL or PostgreSQL, depending on your needs. MySQL is
lightning fast but doesn't support more complex RDBMS features (last I
checked) like triggers and stored procedures.

I like PostgreSQL personally... it installs nicely, is easy to maintain, and
is as powerful as I need a SQL server to be. There's also ODBC drivers for
it and (I vomit to say it) a Win32 admin tool.

I think this'd handle what you're after... you may need to look into full
text indexing though, I'm sure there's many ways of doing this with these
products.

HTH, joe.