Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:01:05 -0400
From:      Matthew Donadio <mdonadio@comcast.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkgdb -F (was: Re: editors/AbiWord2: configure error  /libgnomeprint-2.2)

Randy Bush wrote:
> it would seem to me that the transitive closure of the dependency
> graph is traversable, and the needed data are present in the ports
> tree.  why do we keep doing this manually?

I have no idea how it happens, but I occasionally get circular
references in the pkgdb.  Also, you have to remember that what you have
in /usr/ports may not be the same as what you have installed due to
cvsuping the tree and holding off on rebuilding.  Another complication
are the various build options (ie, WITH_LAME, WITH_GTK2, WITHOUT_LDAP,
etc).

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio@ieee.org)