Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:09:33 -0400
From:      "tony" <tony@tntpro.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Vinum crash, advice needed

I made an array out of 3 IBM 20 gigs and 3 Maxtor 20 gigs
I used striping to make one big drive
A couple of days ago I was copying a movie onto to it and the computer
decided to reboot
when it came back up I was greeted with this message
Can someone please tell me if I can recover some how? or should I just
rebuild the array? or is one of my disks physically bad?

Detects all 7 drives (1 10gig plus 6 20gigs)

vinum: loaded
vinum: reading configuration from /dev/ad6s1e
vinum: updating configuration from /dev/ad5s1e
vinum: updating configuration from /dev/ad4s1e
vinum: updating configuration from /dev/ad2s1e
vinum: updating configuration from /dev/ad3s1e
vinum: updating configuration from /dev/ad1s1e
Warning: defective objects

P array.p0		S State: corrupt  Subdisks:	6 Size:	111 GB
S array.po.s4	  State: stale	D: d5		  Size:	 18 GB
swapon: adding /dev/ad0s1b as swap device
Starting file system checks:

ETC ETC ETC

and it goes on to say that it can't mount my array and that it needs help

So does this mean that my array is dead? are any of the disks faulty?