Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 23:10:54 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        Todd Reed <ex279@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IE and BIND

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Todd Reed wrote:

> Does Internet Explorer play well with Bind?  I'm getting some weird events.
Yes.

> My DNS seems to be running fine.  All files and records seem to be correct.
> If I type in https://192.168.125.253. it works.  However, when I type in
> https://saera.neaclinic.com (in IE6), I get a host cannot be found.  If I go
> to a DOS prompt and ping saera.neaclinic.com, I get a response.  If I use
> Netscape to display the site, it works fine.  This happens on Internet
> Explorer 5 & 6.  Has anyone experience this before?  It appears to be doing
> the DNS translations.
I am using a german IE , I hope you will find the right
menu-entries - I try to retranslate them:
Click on
extras --> internet-options --> connections --> lan-options
there do *not* select "proxyserver" but "automatic search"

If you cannot identify this, I could try to send you a
screenshot of my IE.

Good Luck.

Uli.