Date:      Wed, 03 Sep 2003 22:31:42 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   I have five gDesklets applet ports here, but still need help..

Here are five stuff:
==========================
gdesklets-boxmail
gdesklets-external
gdesklets-externalinterval
gdesklets-fontselector
gdesklets-iconbutton
==========================

What's my problem?

gdesklets-boxmail:	I can't test on this one, because all my desktop boxes
			are using Maildir and no sendmail. It depends on
			gdesklets-iconbutton and gdesklets-fontselector.

gdesklets-external:	I have the feel that this might be not really work.
			Because, some applets that depend on this doesn't work,
			so it might be applet or this fault. Almost forgot,
			I have tested one example that came with this and it
			doesn't even work too.

gdesklets-externalinterval:	This is based on gdesklets-external, so I tried
				two different applets that depend on this.
				They don't work, so I am blaming on this. I
				tested this with fortune and memo applets[1].

gdesklets-fontselector:	This one should be work, the gdesklets-boxmail
depends
			on this and I am able to change the fonts. I am hold on
			this one until one of applet need this when put in port.

gdesklets-iconbutton:	I can't test this, since none of applets that depend
on
			this and I can't test gdesklets-boxmail. I am not sure
			if it works or not, but it should be since it is based
			on gdesklets-starterbar.

If anyone with the knowledge or skill fix on Python, pleast just let me
know and I will send you those ports. All your job will be create the
patch(es) and send those to PR. You are welcome to change the maintainer,
email and etc if you want to. Few applets that I have tried such as
weather, sysinfo and etc. None of them work and I have no idea why they
just don't work, because they don't output any error.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.