Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2002 14:09:28 +0200
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        fred@timogen.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: which script will be executed when the adsl IP up

> fred@timogen.com wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
>     I have use the adsl to connect the internet.
>     As the ppp link will be disconnect, I want the gateway the send me
> the new IPaddress to my mail box.
>     Could u tell me, when the ADSL link is up, which scripts will be
> executed.
>
>     In linux that shoud be /etc/ppp/ip-up, I donnot know what is in
> FreeBSD.
>

> Thanks,
> Fred Zhang

Not quite a direct answer to your question, but... You haven't thought
of using some dynamic dns that are provided by for an example DynDNS?
In that way you can always refer to your computer by "name" instead of
IP number. The IP number can very well change, and then DynDNS is up-
dated automatically, and the "name" will allways point to the correct
number.

Best regards,
Paul