Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 12:34:08 +0100
From:      peterk@IAEhv.nl (Peter Korsten)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trouble installing 2.2 with sysinstall

I read Jordan's announcement yesterday an decided to install
2.2-RELEASE via ftp over my ISDN line. However, doing so with
/stand/sysinstall didn't work.

My conguration is 2.2-BETA/GAMMA, build with a 'make world'
from the sources, that I have upto CTM 135.

I chose the '2.2-RELEASE' distributions in the options screen,
but the error I got was that '2.2-RELEASE' was not found on
the server. I tried both ftp.nl.net/ftp.nl.freebsd.org and
ftp.freebsd.org. Both gave the same error message and then
one about some distributions that couldn't be fetched (well,
that figures).

Sysinstall also gave very funny error messages concerning
my /etc directory probably being corrupt after it couldn't
be copied to ^T (?), and that no disk could be found (should
be sd0, a Conner CFP1080S on an NCR 810 on an Asus P55T2P4).

Can I fix it with another sysinstall (because I'm beginning
to suspect that that one is confused) or are there other,
obvious things that I'm missing here?

- Peter
--
Peter Korsten     peterk@IAEhv.nl     http://www.IAEhv.nl/iae/people/peterk/