Date:      Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:13:16 -0700
From:      "Daniel \"the Bruce\" Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions List" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>, <drugz@rocketmail.com>
Subject:   Re: plug-n-play

 Hi,
Plug and Play modems will work in FreeBSD, if you disable the plug and play.
I have a "USR Sportster 36.6 P&P internal", that I use in Win95 and FreeBSD.
I don't know about other modems, but on mine p&p is enabled by default, and
you can disable it by setting the jumpers on the modem to the settings you
want. Hope this helps.
Daniel Keller