Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:44:23 -0600
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@ub.edu.bz>
To:        Jose Julio <jjulio@centennialpr.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   (correction) Re: problems(mouse)

--6BvahUXLYAruDZOj

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 08:56:23AM -0600, Nathan Kinkade wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 06:15:43PM -0800, Jose Julio wrote:
> > Sorry for the newbie question:    installing for the first time and
> > having problems with mouse daemon,,it does not support ay mouse that i
> > have usb or ps/2 alike please help want to run freeBSD even if the
> > mouse doesn't work it gives you an option to configure the xfree86
> > server eith the keypad but it does not work properly  please help me
> > install and configure it..
>=20
> What problems in specific are you having with moused?  Do you have any
> error messages, or specific output from dmesg?  If you give a little
> more info the list will better be able to help you.  In the mean time,
> for your ps/2 mouse, do you have a couple lines in /etc/rc.conf that
> look like this:
>=20
> moused_enable=3D"YES"
> moused_flags=3D"-p /dev/psm0 -t ps/2"
>=20
> If moused is working, you should see the mouse even on the console.
> If you don't, and moused if running, then try issuing the following
> command:
>=20
> vidcontrol -m on
>=20
> Nathan

After reading the previous post to mine, I see that I was incorrect
about the use of moused_flags in /etc/rc.conf.  As they noted, it should
be

moused_enable=3D"YES"
moused_port=3D"/dev/psm0"
moused_type=3D"ps/2"

However, I see in /etc/defaults/rc.conf that /dev/psm0 is the default,
so you shouldn't need to specify that at all, assuming it's a ps/2, and
moused_type defaults to "auto", which I have always found to work fine
for ps/2 mice.

Sorry about the error.

Nathan
--=20
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D8527E49

--6BvahUXLYAruDZOj

--6BvahUXLYAruDZOj--