Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:57:40 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ok, how about a 3Com

"Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org> probably said:
> Another card that works *very* well on FreeBSD 4 is the Lucent WaveLAN
> Silver card, thanks to Bill Paul. I couldn't do a network install over
> this card either because the sysinstall doesn't allow you to set the
> various WaveLAN specific options such as SSID and port-type which are
> neccessary to talk to my access point but after install it works just
> dandy.

Under 3.4-PAO you could run a shell (fixit -> shell) and run
/stand/wicontrol to configure the interface before actually starting
the install.

/stand/wicontrol doesn't seem to exist on my 4.0 floppies - this would be
a very useful thing to add to the crunched /stand utils. Jordan ? Your
domain ?

You could probably do this in the meantime by creating a custom fixit
floppy (take an existing image and take things out until you have space
for a staticly linked wicontrol) ...

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu