Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:28:27 -0000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Ben Smithurst" <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPP exiting unexpectedly

I had a devil (excuse the pun) of a problem keeping ppp alive when I first
got it working til I used "ppp -ddial <ISP>" to dial . This apparently
negates any timeout setting and forces ppp to keep the connection up .... if
it disconnects its supposed to bring it up again, however I can't speak
about that from personal experience (yet) as mine has not yet lost the
connection