Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:14:43 -0400
From:      Tim Smith <tsmith@apptechnc.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   update all installed ports

Hi.  I've read the handbook and the porter's handbook, and have
looked at /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.*, but still haven't found an
answer to my question.

Is it possible, with a simple command or script, to update all
of the ports I have installed at once?  I mean, I want to make
sure that all of the ports that I use are the latest version,
but I don't want to install ports that I don't use.

If anyone has a good way of doing this automatically, please let
me know.  (I'm using -STABLE, if that matters.)

Thank you,

Tim