Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2017 19:42:15 +0000
From:      Nimrod Levy <nimrodl@gmail.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   Re: ryzen issues?

I suppose it could be, but I don't know how I'd know.  That bug seems to be
characterized by crashing under load while I'm seeing it lock up completely
with no evidence that I can find that points me to why.

I'm open to advice for troubleshooting.

I'm nearly to the point of having a raspberry pi connected to the reset
button.  But that just treats the symptom without finding a cure and is
potentially really bad for my filesystems.

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 1:38 PM Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net> wrote:

> On 12/15/2017 7:42 AM, Nimrod Levy wrote:
> > I've been having a problem with a recent computer build.  I've got a
> Ryzen
> > 5 1600 on an Asus Prime B350+ motherboard.  When it runs, it runs well.
> > don't see things like programs crashing or anything like that.
>
> Is it possibly related to the CPU bug talked about here ?
>
> https://hothardware.com/news/amd-confirms-rare-ryzen-smt-bug-and-fix
>
>         ---Mike
>

> --
> Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400 <(519)%20651-3400>
> Sentex Communications, mike@sentex.net
> Providing Internet services since 1994 www.sentex.net
> Cambridge, Ontario Canada   http://www.tancsa.com/

Nimrod