Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 2018 20:41:04 +0000
From:      "emilia" <emilia@disroot.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Volume per channel (sound(4))

> If this refers to what I think it does, it is controlled=0A> by the app=
lications themselves (e. g., have two instances=0A> of mplayer running: c=
hanging volume on one doesn't change=0A> the volume on the other; then ad=
ditionally start xmms, its=0A> volume can be changed independently from t=
he others which=0A> keep their volume).=0A=0AThat just means that applica=
tions can do volume control on their own, there really isn't that much=0A=
you could do to prevent this in an OS, it would be fairly wierd to then a=
dvertise it as a feature.=0AI understand it as I have controls for the st=
reams somewhere where i can change their volume them=0Awithout the applic=
ations cooperation, which for me is important since the application i hav=
e been=0Atrying to mute did not have a mute button :)=0A=0Aregards,=0Aemi=
lia