Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 08:28:12 -0700
From:      Mark Holloway <mlholloway@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install Ports behing Proxy

I just recently added a FreeBSD box to an existing network.  The IP is
172.16.0.xxx and there is one NT machine running Wingate.  For
simplicity sake we're using Socks.

Is there a way to let FreeBSD 3.x know that it's behind a Socks Proxy so
when I download a port and run the "make all isntall" it know what to
do?  Unlike Netscape, I can't find any way to tell FreeBSD to use
SOCKS....

Regards,
Mark