Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:33:10 +0100
From:      Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>
To:        Deb Goodkin <deb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        board@freebsdfoundation.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: front page idea

--Sig_/BF4mSH1czdo3OeMKsTn0tlz

Deb Goodkin <deb@freebsd.org> wrote:

> They had suggested to either add a "Donate to the Foundation" or "Keep=20
> FreeBSD Free" button in a prominent spot on each page of the project.=20
> That would also create a connection between the two entities.=20

Given that FreeBSD is software I think it's misleading to call it
free without clarifying what kind of free your are talking about.

=46rom the slogan "Keep FreeBSD Free" alone one could easily
assume you are talking about free as in freedom, while
FreeBSD contains parts that aren't Free Software and I
don't get the impression that the FreeBSD Foundation
is trying to change that.

Fabian