Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 13:32:57 -0600
From:      Gustavo Lozano Ibarra <glozano@academ02.maz.itesm.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   checking a password when I am not root

I am doing a function in C to check if the password of a user is
correct.. I use a getpwnam and then compare if the returned crypted
password is the same as the one in the db... I make this program and
then use a chmod +s, so if any user run it, it will run as root.. but I
want to make this function a library for tcl.. but when I use the
library it not run as root, so I can't see the encrypted password in the
database... is there another way to check for the password?......

please respond to my account: glozano@academ02.maz.itesm.mx

thanks for any help...
p.s. this is important please help...