Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 1995 15:24:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Daniel Pflager <dpflag@usin.com>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 11.1.5

On Fri, 8 Dec 1995, Daniel Pflager wrote:

> On my system, there is no /dev/cuaa0. There is a /dev/cua00 though. Is this
> what was intended?

You are running an older freebsd, correct?  (I don't trust my memory these
days!) At some point in the not too distant past, the /dev entries for
serial devices were renamed.  Your system (at least your /dev directory)
apparently originated prior to the great re-naming.

Although the handbook only claims to document release 2.1, there
definately are some notes (like in this case) for users of older systems.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============