Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 23:59:29 +0100
From:      se@freebsd.org (Stefan Esser)
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu (Doug White)
Cc:        se@freebsd.org (Stefan Esser), hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ncr probe FAILS on 2.2-BETA_A!

On Jan 10, dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu (Doug White) wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Stefan Esser wrote:
> > Perhaps you want to try booting with PCI options (write
> > buffers, PCI burst mode) disabled.
>
> I can try that.  There is one thing I did change and that was I upgraded
> the CPU from a 90 to a 133, but the motherboard only does 100MHz, so it's
> running underclocked at the moment.

Hmmm, that might cause problems, anyway.
Could you check with the old CPU, whether
the problem still exists ?

> > Please try the applied patch. If it doesn't work, then
> > send boot -v messages. If you have access to the CVS
> > tree, you may want to use the driver from 2.2-ALPHA. I
> > can send you a context diff, if you prefer that ...
>
> Unfortunately, this is on the boot.flp and I'm not at all set up to
> rebuild the system....:(

Ok, I understand this. But send verbose boot
messages from FreeBSD-ALPHA, at least. I need
to know your system configuration, or I won't
know, whether any part that I modified between
ALPHA and BETA might be the culprit ...

Regards, STefan