Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 01:13:15 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Howard" <elh@outreachnetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rebuilding mail server

At a certain time, now past, Ryan Thompson spake thusly:

--------8<--snip--------
> My requirements, in a nutshell, are for a POP email system that will
> auth against a custom MySQL database (using MD5 passwords), that can
> easily scale to a few thousand users. Something with an automated way
> to add/remove mailboxes would be a major plus, as would per-user
> mailbox quotas (but we can enforce our own quotas).
>
> Any ideas?

Check out this guide for qmail...

http://matt.simerson.net/computing/mail/toaster/

You can check out the apps he's using and pull out the bits you don't need.

       ~elh
--
Eric L. Howard           e l h @ o u t r e a c h n e t w o r k s . c o m