Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:58:56 +0100
From:      Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   making a new port - make install wants to strip a shell script

I'm trying to build a new port.  Building from source seems to have gone
well enough, I made a Makefile and assorted extras to help the build but
when I tested it the thing died here:

Installing allegro-config to /var/tmp/allegro/bin
/usr/libexec/elf/strip: /var/tmp/allegro/bin/allegro-config: File format
not recognized
install: wait: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [install-lib] Error 70
*** Error code 2

Stop

Now allegro-config is a shell script which explains the error.  However
being new to this port building lark I'm curious about how to avoid this
happening?

I feel this will probably end up being something obvious but the
Porter's Handbook/Google/etc. don't seem to have anything on this, any
suggestions folks?

Kevin
--
kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk