Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:45:36 -0400
From:      "Toll, Eric" <eric@vipstructures.com>
To:        "Igor Robul" <igorr@speechpro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: NVidia RAID on Tyan-S2865

>=20
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 11:57:57AM -0400, Toll, Eric wrote:
> > If you going to mess around with RAID please just get a=20
> real RAID card=20
> > like 3Ware.
> I know about 3Ware :-) Moreover I use these cards 8xxx and=20
> 7xxx in my servers. PC with NVidia RAID is just my=20
> workstation and I have not lost any important data. I was=20
> very happy when FreeBSD 6.1 "just worked" on this PC without=20
> any trouble :-), and this was my first trouble with minor=20
> data loss with FreeBSD.
>=20
> On real servers I use 3Ware or gmirror (depends on server usage).

I'm sorry, I'm just tired of hearing about raid woes and the great =
extents
people go to to try and make software raid work correctly.  They waste =
many
hours of their life on something that will never begin to be as good as =
$130.00 3Ware card.  So if you've spent more than 3-4 hours total time =
messing
around you could have had a 3Ware card.  Besides you spent good money on =
the
Tyan MB, almost like having a stone castle with thin styrofoam doors.

=20