Date:      Fri, 05 Apr 2002 07:54:11 +1000
From:      Michael Ross <satare@optusnet.com.au>
To:        Martin Kaeske <Martin.Kaeske@Stud.TU-Ilmenau.DE>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Re: Panic on 'kldunload snd'

> Martin Kaeske <Martin.Kaeske@Stud.TU-Ilmenau.DE> wrote:
>
> I have a similar problem with tdfx.ko. It was installed by
> /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod and is loaded by drm-kmod's boot-script.
> All is fine if i shutdown the system normally but if i kldunload the
> tdfx module manually the kernel panics.
> I always thought it was related to 3dfx hardware but if it happens
> with the snd module as well, there is maybe a problem in the module
> system.

If a PR is raised for this I would be interested to see the outcome. I
had a similar problem a while back when my machine unloaded the
nvidia module that was part of the nvidia freebsd initiative.

Since the module was only experimental I just changed back to the
standard XFree86 one. In all cases though it only paniced the system
when it was unloaded..

so yeah. me too for the problem =)

Michael Ross
satare@optusnet.com.au