Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:31:29 +0200
From:      Gerd Truschinski <agni@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FTP - Server with ZIP an Floppy

Hi there,

I want to build a small box which serves as a FTP server
for diskless X-Terminals. I.e. people insert a floppy disk
or a ZIP medium in the box, logon via FTP and read/write their
files. Then they take their disks away. They could NOT logon
via telnet nor is there any keyboard at the ftp-box.

Is it possible to write to a disk 'without' mounting the file
system each time? Is there something like 'mount volatile'?
To make it clear, I don't want to have any useraction like
'mount -t msdos'.

Should I stay with KA9Q and DOS because this is not
possible with FreeBSD.

/gT/
--
Gerd Truschinski           | Yes, this is the sort of scenario I
Freie Universitaet Berlin  | think up to amuse myself in the evenings.