Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:07:58 +0000
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@mofo.frt.dec.com>
To:        Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.uit.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN Modems

Wm Brian McCane writes:
> Greetings,
>
> 	I was wondering which/if any internal ISDN modems work with FreeBSD.
> I am needing to connect 2 machines to the internet and would prefer built
> modems, but I could use externals if someone can tell me which serial cards
> are available that can do 230400 bps or better.  I also intend to use `bisdn'
 -
> for this system unless there are any serious objections or concerns from the
> community 8).

if you're planning to use bisdn then you can easily find out which internal
cards are supported by grabbing the package and looking at it. You do know
where it is, I assume ?

Anyway, bisdn supports the various Teles cards (S0/8, S0/16 and S0/16.3)
and clones (Creatix, Niccy). One of the AVM cardss may also be supported.
That's it.

If you're not in Europe then you don't have much chance of getting bisdn
to work. To the best of my knowledge it's never been tested outside of
Europe.

Be aware that bisdn does not support channel bundling.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) garyj@muc.de
					(play) gj@freebsd.org