Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 11:22:09 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        james@blacksun.reef.com (James Buszard-Welcher)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FREEBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD SCSI/ETHERNET (on laptop dock)

James Buszard-Welcher stands accused of saying:

> I've got a Micron Millenia Transport. The SCSI and Ethernet are
> in the dock.  I'm mostly concerned with Ethernet right now.
> Under win95, in the Device Manager, I see that my Ethernet card is:
>
> 	AMD PCNET FAMILY ETHERNET ADAPTER (PCI & ISA)
> 	Using Interrupt Request: 11
> 	I/O Range: FC60-FC7F
>
> Under FreeBSD, I see:
>
> pci0:17: AMD device=0x2020,class=storage(scsi) int a irq 9 [no driver assigned]
> pci0:18: AMD device=0x2000,class=network(ethernet) int b irq 11 [no driver assigned]
>
> I have been messing around with irq's under 'boot -c' and regenning
> kernels.
>
> >From reading the mailing lists, I though that ADM Ethernet uses
> the lnc0 driver... but I can't get it to be recogized.

You will need to boot with '-v' and tell the 'lnc' driver the port address
that's been assigned to the ethernet device.  Stefan Esser posted a
PCI Lance driver a while back; if you can't find it, let me know and
I'll see if I have a copy around here.

> SCSI is not working either.

The SCSI half of those chips may be supported by a driver discussed a
little while back from Tekram for their AMD-based PCI cards; it
should talk to this one with little or no work.