Date:      Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:32:03 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hosokawa@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with Libretto suspend mode.

Any clues on this one?

I've got a 70CT here on which I've got a 400MB Win95 partition (I
know, boo hiss, but it's got all the nifty libretto utilities there
and I need it for configuring certain PCCARD devices) and the rest of
the space is devoted to FreeBSD.

Anyway, I've tried making a 64MB gap between the Win95 partition and
the FreeBSD one and I've tried leaving 64MB unallocated at the end of
the disk, but in all cases using suspend mode causes the laptop to
write at least 16MB of memory contents to disk (somewhere!)  and the
result is a destroyed FreeBSD partition.  I just cannot get this
thing to suspend without nuking the FreeBSD data!

Any suggestions?  I've tried searching the mailing list archives and
reading the PAO FAQ and doing AltaVista searches and pretty much
everything else, but I can't find a scrap of information about this -
I can't even find information on where it's trying to store the
suspend data.  BAH!  So much for living in an information age, eh?
You still wind up having to ask someone. :-)

					Jordan