Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:12:31 -0400
From:      TURLOUGH FITZPatric <106154.3334@compuserve.com>
To:        freebsd <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   nec cdrom 280

Hi there,
After a lot of fiddeling about I have got most of teh stuff working. I am
having a problem installing the cdrom. I have tried all the options
mentioned in LINT and a couple from the archives but no luck. It is a NEC
six speed cd rom 280. I have a feeling that it might be goinng through the
sound board which is not recognised right now( an IBM Mwave), I am not sure
about that though. As far as I can see the mwave board provides sound and
fax/modem.

Has anybody used one of these cd's or the mwave sound card. I realy need to
get the cd working as all my info is on cd so I would appreciate any help
peopple might be able to give.

Thanks,
Turlough