Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:48:11 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hate to ask, but...aout -> elf ...

After seeing the trouble that Jordan had, I'm curiuos as to what is going
to be involved in going from an aout system, last built around the 21st of
October, 1998 (3.0-CURRENT of the time) to 3.0-STABLE ...

Just did a gander through the archives, and saw one mention, by Jordan,
about new boot blocks and whatnot...

I'm 2.5k kilometers from the server, and have some really good ppl 'on
site' if anything blows up terribly, but it still makes me nervous...I do
have it on a serial console, but...

Is it a simple matter of 'make aout-to-elf', or...?

I recall awhile bac there being a URL that someone had put up, so pointers
are most welcome...I don't mind reading through a document, just need to
know where to find it...

I've been putting this off, hoping to get *to* the computer and doing it
'face-to-face', but its not looking like that will happen for another
couple of months, and I've having problems with the server that appear to
be software, but the software is now 3+ months old, and don't want to put
in problem reports :(

Any help/suggestions and caveats are much appreciated...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org