Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:39:19 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP : laptop power-down change

In message <199812110803.AAA00533@dingo.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
: > : Why the change?  The current behavior seems right to me.
: Yes.  There is a perfectly good set of run-time options which allow you
: to determine at any time whether you want to power-off or halt; having
: a kernel option override this would be stupid.

But the i386 code doesn't *HAVE* a rom monitor to drop back into...
We just go into a loop that says press any key to reboot.  Not exactly
useful.  The apm code is i386 specific, by definition.

There are many places where we have kernel options that override
stuff, I fail to see how this is different.  At the very least I'd
like to make it a sysctl so I can set it in my boot scripts.

Warner