Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 01:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Konstantinos Konstantinidis <kkonstan@duth.gr>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/35659: x11-fonts/webfonts extract fails

The following reply was made to PR ports/35659; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Konstantinos Konstantinidis <kkonstan@duth.gr>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, parv_@yahoo.com?s
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:18:47 +0200

 Hello,

 The updated version of cabextract is a 76KB download and it
 builds in a few seconds even on older hardware. I fail to
 see why anyone would consider it a "bug" that webfonts uses
 the new features of cabextract.

 As you noticed, the original port used sed/tr/mv to do the
 renaming before cabextract was updated. Since this required
 functionality is now available from cabextract, it made sense
 to remove those hacks from the ports Makefile, and expect
 people to use a recent cabextract package.

 So, unless anyone has any good reasons why we should add more
 cruft the the webfonts Makefile, can someone close this PR?

 Regards,

 --kkonstan