Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:45:11 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Eduardo Morras <nec556@retena.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading libxul, dependency on Firefox 3

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 09:32:47 +0200, Eduardo Morras wrote:
> As far as i know, the libxul port is inside ff3. Installing libxul
> doesn't install ff3, only libxul. Perhaps it's an old libxul and the
> newr one is inside ff7, so libxul port should point there, don't know that.

I'm not sure if it still applies, but in earlier Firefox
version transitions (and the consideration of dependencies)
some programs depending on libxul would install an outdated
Firefox version. The solution has been WITH_GECKO=libxul in
/etc/make.conf so only the current version of this library
would have been installed in the end.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany