Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 13:52:46 -0600
From:      "Jason Prosser" <jprosser@teraglobal.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Stupid log file problems...

I am running IPFW with logging feature, on 4.2-Rel.

This logs to the file /var/security. It was getting to big so I figured to
delete it and then make a new one and it should work... Wrong!.

What do I need to do to A: get the logging feature to work again to any
file. B: What would I need to do to clean out the file periodically. (I am
looking at copying it to another location and then emptying the actual
file.)

Thank you for your help ahead of time.

JP
jprosser@teraglobal.com