Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 1996 13:50:06 GMT
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.EDU (Bill Paul)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/rc* stuff

>> > - Even though we have rpc.lockd and rpc.statd in the tree now, there
>> >   are no knobs for it in /etc/sysconfig or /etc/rc. Shouldn't we be
>> >   be starting them if NFS is turned on?
>>
>> You mean, ``just to confuse the people''? :)
>>
>> Remember, they are no-ops still.

>No, they aren't. rpc.statd is fully functional. rpc.lockd is halfway
>functional. In either case, it doesn't hurt to have them on.

$ man rpc.lockd | vgrep
BUGS
     The current implementation provides only the server side of the protocol
     (ie. clients running other OS types can establish locks on a FreeBSD
     fileserver, but there is currently no means for a FreeBSD client to es-
     tablish locks).
$ ^D

I'd like to see them in the default /etc/rc too.

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>