Date:      Fri, 17 May 2013 12:56:53 -0500
From:      Michael Gass <mgass@csbsju.edu>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Command line not responding

Running 9.0-Stable on an i386.

Whenever I type a command at the prompt I get
the output

/usr/local/lib/libintl.so.9: Undefined symbol "_ThreadRuneLocale"

and nothing else - the command will not run. Just the
above output.  Commands like "ls" and "exit" work, but not much
else.  This happends whether I am logged in a user or as root.
Cannot even halt the system from the command line.

Started to happen after trying to update the freetype2 port.
Got an error msg while updating libXft-2.1.14.  From that point
on I cannot use  the command line.

I have no idea what to try.  Any suggestions.

--
Michael Gass
mgass@csbsju.edu