Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 13:03:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: What choice of 100 mbps Ethernet boards?

On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Greg Lehey wrote:

> I'm still working on the Installation book (anybody who's interested,
> *please* review!), and it occurred to me that there's little direction
> in choosing 100 mbps network boards.  Can anybody suggest something
> that works well?

    I just picked up five SMC 9332 PCI controllers (built around the
DEC21140) in December and they worked right out of the box with our
ASUS P55TP4XEG motherboards.  Plugged one of them into a spare 100Mbps
port on our etherswitch and was able to do the OS installation without
a hiccup.  I've had a tiny bit of trouble with the cards when plugged
into a 10-Mbps switch, but I'll post about that separately.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
Systems Administrator, Internex Online Inc.