Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:36:27 -0500
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading FreeBSD Questions

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 04:25:18PM -0700, Jason Slack wrote:

> I want to try version 7 as it has items of interest to me, but I am not one
> to continually wipe and reload my machine, can you upgrade from the test
> releases of 7 available now to the final release when ready? Or do you have
> to wipe?

	From ports, you install "cvsup" and you can keep your ports
    and OS source up to date.

	The last time a full install was preferred was going from
    the 5.x release to 6.x, I believe, due to differences in GCC 3.x
    and GCC 4.x. So, it rarely happens.

							Bruce
  "I like bad!"                         Bruce Burden    Austin, TX.
        - Thuganlitha
        The Power and the Prophet
        Robert Don Hughes