Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:11:57 -0800
From:      Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Paul Halliday <dp@penix.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: userland program panics freebsd 4.3

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 07:14:08PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 09:08:36PM -0600, Paul Halliday wrote:

> > > That's completely non-helpful.  I read -questions and -ports, and
> > > don't recall complaints of massive breakage in 4.4.  Perhaps you'd
> > > care to be more specific so we can actually address the problems, if
> > > they exist?
> >
> > 	My soundcard on my lappy has been broken since 4.4. And to be
> > brutally honest, it's really starting to piss me off.
>
> Which PR contains your bug report?  I couldn't see one.

I'm not Paul Halliday, but I do have an ignored soundcard PR: kern/31445.

I made the PR, mentioned it on multimedia, posted a patch a couple days
later (to the PR), and even got someone to say he'd tried it and it had
helped him.  That correspondance is also attached to the PR. The PR is
still open and unchanged since 29 Oct 2001.  Soundcard behavior is
unmodified on the box I reported it on as of a CVSup earlier this week.

What did *I* do wrong?

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l--