Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 2008 19:17:04 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        James Gritton <jamie@gritton.org>
Subject:   Re: What's the calendar like these days

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008, James Gritton wrote:

> I saw the "1.5" stuff committed by Marko, which puts us about a month behind
> the 200808 DevSummit schedule
> <http://wiki.freebsd.org/Image/Notes200808DevSummit>.  Is there a new
> schedule, aside from everything else just being a month behind?

no, just about that. being at the same place having everyone around
was different to having people move, change jobs, ... wasting days on a
single object file change, ...

I had a look at some of the remaining vimage parts earlier today already.
Talking with Marko but not finalized yet it seems the plan is to:
- cleanup the vimage branch (#includes, I spotted very few mismerges, ..)
- merge fast, in small chucks, as long as possible.
- try to finish step 2.

> I ask because the framework stuff is pretty independent of all this, and
> could be added at any time, not necessarily waiting on all of vimage to be
> completely integrated.  Also, Bjoern's multi-IP and IPv6 stuff is in a
> similar situation, no?

I am aiming to hit the tree within 36 hours; had been waiting for the
1.5 step to happen.

It would be good to see a new diff of yours as well after this is in
and merged.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb              Stop bit received. Insert coin for new game.