Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 20:30:27 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        jfreeze@lexmark.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to install Apache+Php3+PostreSQL?

On Thu, 27 May 1999 jfreeze@lexmark.com wrote:

> With much support from the group I have been able to install postgresql.
> apache-php3-1.3.4 was installed with FreeBSD 3.1 from the wccdrom 4 cd set.
> I have also been able to access my postgres databases via pgaccess.

{...}

This is where you have to use the ports.

cd /usr/ports/www/apache-php-13 (last part of path may not be quite right)
make
make install

Part of the make operation of this port presents you with a menu of
various options that can be compiled in to apache-php, of which I know
postgres support is one (default is mysql).

You may run into a snag if any dependencies can't be resolved because
out-of-date source tarballs can't be retrieved.  If you can find the
tarballs concerned yourself, put them in /usr/ports/distfiles, and retry
the above make procedure.  Otherwise you have to install one of the ports
update packages to bring your ports tree up to current versions.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia