Date:      Sat, 06 Jun 2009 19:35:42 +0300
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        Henri Hennebert <hlh@restart.be>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stable from May 31 - zfs list locked

> Hello,
>
> I encounter this problem for the second time. The system is working
> perfectly well but suddenly the command `zfs list' don't work and can't
> be killed.
>
> Here is a procstat of the culprit:
>
> [root@morzine ~]# procstat -k 91766
>    PID    TID COMM             TDNAME           KSTACK
>
> 91766 100490 zfs              -                mi_switch sleepq_switch
> sleepq_wait _cv_wait zio_wait dbuf_read dmu_buf_hold zap_lockdir
> zap_lookup_norm zap_lookup dsl_prop_get_dd dsl_dataset_get_ref
> dsl_dataset_hold dmu_objset_open zfs_ioc_objset_stats zfsdev_ioctl
> devfs_ioctl_f kern_ioctl
>
> same thing happen if I try to run `zpool list' un another terminal.
>
> Henri

same here, but with a twist:
it used to happen on a 7.1, then after an unpgrade, sometime in April,
to 7.2-PRERELEASE, things were ok till today!
I was about to blame a resent upgrade of the PERC firmware(a very long shot :-),
but now I don't know if upgradeing to 7.2-stable will help. This is a
production host, with 12TB serving many nfs clients.

danny