Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 15:08:45 +0100
From:      Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE2.2.2 starts-up terrible slow

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

Mmm strange. Well, first off. KDE will be slow there... I have a P2-266
and kde is slow, so your 350 won't be much faster...

Well, about mcop, that seems weird permissions. Have you checked you have
access to the audio devices in /dev? If not, solve it.

Have you tried it as root?

=46rom /etc/services:
sunrpc          111/tcp    rpcbind      #SUN Remote Procedure Call
sunrpc          111/udp    rpcbind      #SUN Remote Procedure Call

Dunno what is trying to connect there, but check it...

HTH

--=20
La ignorancia es la felicidad.

Julio Merino (Slink) <juli@merino.net>