Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:00:43 +0000
From:      Maks Verver <m.verver@student.utwente.nl>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Update XMLPPM and move to "archivers"?

Hi,

I noticed the current FreeBSD port for the XML archiver XMLPPM is slightly
outdated. The version in the ports tree (0.98.1) contains a bug wich causes
file corruption when 'large' XML files are processed. The latest version,
available from SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlppm), fixes
this.

Also, XMLPPM is currently named "textproc/xmlpmm" in the ports tree. I would
suggest moving it to "archivers/xmlppm", because this is a better
categorization and it is more consistent with another XML archiver, XMill,
which is in the in the "archivers" directory and does pretty much te same
thing.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Kind regards,
Maks Verver.