Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 20:36:44 +0200 (EET)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gdb 4.17

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Doug Rabson wrote:

> > > You know what you're doing, but I want to suggest that perhaps you want
> > > to run that archs part past Warner, who recently (boy, I hope it was
> > > Warner, I think it was) added the MIPS stuff into the tree, and is
> > > pretty strongly in favor of making cross-compilation possible.
> >
> > Yes, it is due to his request of not cutting out the MIPS bits that I
> > have yet to trim anything.  I had the disk space, so was putting the
> > trimming off until import time.  I guess we keep i386, Alpha, MIPS, Sparc
> > bits and trim the rest.
>
> I think we should keep the ARM bits too.

So which bits should be cut?

Why not cut everything but x86, alpha & mips? We can always add the others
in later (with relative ease).

Indeed, adding in the compiler bits could very well go with adding the
first bits for the arch to the tree.

> --
> Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
> Nonlinear Systems Ltd.			Phone: +44 181 442 9037

	Sander

	There is no love, no good, no happiness and no future -
	all these are just illusions.