Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 1999 10:46:52 +1000
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
Subject:   Re: making release & bootable cdrom?

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 07:36:25PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> Would a "make release" on -current result in a cdrom-image that when put on
> cdrom is bootable on the alpha?
>
> If it is possible, is there anything special to be done when burning the
> CDR?

sorry, i've not got an answer, rather a question along the same
lines.

i've been reading a book on how to become a good system admin
without resorting to shooting the users (grin) and it talks
about irix having a bootable tape. i know that it is possible
to make a tape that you can use to crudely install from in
freebsd fr intel.

a bootable tape, or cdrom (od, worm any of teh crinkly
aluminiun, gold whatever sandwiches for that matter). i've
asked several times over the years and always get the same
answer .. crickets croaking in teh background.

i've read some books (started on the 4.4BSD sermons from teh
mount) about unix in general and as spicifically bsd as i could
get. i plan to get tboth copies of the evi nemeth (red and
yellow). some times i wonder of god had of wanted us to be
programmers why didn't he give fast static ram with ecc and
full parit checking .. insteady of this easily confused neuron
entanglement ? sorry mine is playing up.

if you get any further wilko could you keep me posted please ?

warm regards

jonathan