Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 21:27:49 -0500
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   biosboot config?

Attempting to actually solve the ``I wanna automatically
boot off my dang scsi drive even though I have two
IDE drives in my stupid system'', I think I have a glimmer...

I am able to boot my system with ``3:sd(0,a)/kernel'', which
seems strange since I have only three drives and the 3: would
seem to refer to the fourth drive, no?  Any idea why this is?
Is this because a ATAPI cdrom gets inserted in the table?

Another mystery is this:  Booteasy comes up on the first
IDE drive (where I installed it), but F5 goes directly to
the first SCSI drive.  Why is that?

Anyway, how's this:

1) I need to CD to /usr/src/sys/i386/boot/biosboot/
2) I need to rebuild with BOOT_HD_BIAS=3
3) I need to install it onto the disk.  HOWZATDONE?

Any chance of this working?  Will this automatically make
``3:sd(0,a)/kernel'' the default boot?
Robert Withrow, Tel: +1 617 592 8935, Net: witr@rwwa.COM