Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 17:25:18 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jon Inouye <jinouye@cse.ogi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRQ assignment for PII motherboards

> However, sharing an IRQ between an Intel EtherExpress 10/100 and an
> Adaptec 3940W is _not_ performance friendly - I expect timeout errors for
> FreeBSD and see them occasionally on WindowsNT.  You would think that

Really?  I wouldn't expect it and will be curious to see what your
actual results are.  Sorry, I mis-inferred from your previous message
that you were already running FreeBSD and were having problems, not
that you hadn't even tried it yet.  Please, go try it and then come
back and tell us what happens. :)

					Jordan